We are looking for an experienced and qualified accountant to oversee accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Accountant position will work closely with other accountants and operations personnel and handle day-to-day accounting to maintain accurate, complete and timely information to achieve overall department objectives. Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.
Accountant responsibilities also include reconciling account balances and bank statements and maintaining general ledger. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyse financial reports and forecasts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record, classify and summarize accounting transactions to compile various documents and verify their accuracy.
- Compute figures to determine balance, differences, adjustments, reviewing and totals to reconcile all transactions at the end of each day.
- Accurate, timely billing to customers on regular basis
- Ensuring invoices are sent to customers and approved
- Couriering of invoices where customer requires hard copies
- Organised and systematic follow-up of invoices outstanding to track received, acceptance and payment dates. - Follow up with customer for the pending payments, the reconciliation of customer account, and generating customer invoices.
- Works with colleagues and Key account managers to escalate if non-payment
- Resolves issues with customers directly and with internal colleagues
- Conduct month end closing activities so that all current costs must be reflected as expenses of the current month.
- Respond to inquiries to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Assist with tax returns
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Liaise with Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
- Approximately 5-7 yrs experience in general accounting, particularly in billing or AR position
- Highly organised and systematic approach to work
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of IFRS
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with 1C accounting software package
- Advanced MS Excel skills including
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Fluency in English and Russian
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (ACCA) will be preferred
- Candidates are requested to send their CVs until December 10 , 2021.
Please indicate the name of the position (Accountant) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.