Your day to day:
- Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize hotel average room rate; utilize yield management strategies to ensure a full house whenever possible. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out periods.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Notify sales of any group bookings.
- Provide accurate information about the city and the surrounding attractions when asked by guests; mail hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requested.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Process cancellations, revisions and information updates on changes; process guest reservation requests for other hotels within the reservations system.
- Book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel in accordance with established standards and scripts using the hotel’s reservations system; process reservations from the sales, appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions; assist in rooms forecasting. Complete daily logs according to established procedures.
- May assist with other duties as assigned such running daily reports, e.g. the cancellation, booking, or arrival reports.
What we need from you:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills and six months experience as a reservationist or front desk agent. High school or equivalent preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
Speak and listening usually while sitting
Use a keyboard to type in reservation information
Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, clients and employees.
Basic mathematical abilities are used some of the time.
May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Please send your resume with the subject “Reservations Agent”.