Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing tax statements at required intervals
- Liaising with the Azerbaijan Tax Office and other regulatory bodies when required
- Regularly reviewing systems and making updates and improvements where necessary
- Identifying areas where business can reduce tax, make claims and increase profit
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Prepare tax provisions schedules, returns, payments, reports and maintain a company’s tax database
- Find tax solutions to complicated tax issues or errors from incorrect tax filings
- Make sure that company comply with state and local tax regulations
- Advise management about the impact of tax liabilities and corporate strategies or new tax laws
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax database.
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- High education in Accounting or relevant field;
- Experience in wholesale or retail businesses is an advantage;
- A minimum of 4 years experience as a tax accountant or similar role;
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information;
- Experience managing business paperwork and accounting for a large company;
- Knowledge of state tax form processes and how to accurately properly prepare forms for each;
- Professional understanding of the best accounting strategies and advanced mathematical skills;
- Skilled using tax preparation software and experience in troubleshooting common tax program challenges;
- Fluent in Azerbaijani language, English and Russian;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send your CV to email address mentioning “Tax Accountant” in the subject line.
Deadline: 17th of December 2021.